Vermont requires that all drivers have UM/UIM insurance coverage, also known as uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.  This coverage protects the driver if an accident occurs and the other party either does not have auto insurance or only has minimum liability policy limits which are not enough to cover your injuries.

Vermont requires UM/UIM insurance coverage with minimum limits of:

  • $50,000 bodily injury protection per person.
  • $100,000 bodily injury protection per accident.

If you or a family member is injured due to a negligent driver without insurance or with inadequate insurance coverage, you may make a claim against your own insurance policy.

Our experienced Vermont personal injury attorneys can help you determine if you have a UM/UIM claim and will investigate the complex insurance coverage questions involved in filing an underinsured or uninsured motorist claim.

FOR PASSIONATE REPRESENTATION IN UM/UIM INJURY CLAIMS: Call Affolter Gannon for a Free Consultation at 802-878-2797 or use our online contact form.